*This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I have personally used and liked. If you use the links to purchase products I may earn a small commission*
1. Snacks, snacks, and more snacks!! -Breastfeeding hunger is real. I highly suggest purchasing easy to eat snacks like nuts and granola bars. Place them in baskets around the house for easy access when you're stuck in a nursing marathon.
2. Water- you won't just be hungry, you'll be thirsty too. Place a few water bottles in your snack baskets for when you're thirsty in a pinch. I prefer an insulated cup over disposable water bottles. My Favorite is the Hydrapeak Nomad Tumbler. It's a double wall insulated tumbler with a flip up straw, which means no leaking!
3. Comfortable nursing bras- the easier the access the better. Some of my personal favorites are Kindred Bravely, Auden by Target, Hofish, and Morrow and Mint. P.s. you're going to want more than 1! They inevitably end up covered in breastmilk and spit up.
4. Nipple butter- whether it's your first or fifth baby you'll likely experience some nipple discomfort early on. Keeping them lubricated between feedings promotes healing and comfort. I love Nipple Crack by The Tiny Human Co.
5. Breast pads- I found disposable breast pads easier in the early days when I leaked the most. They're also convenient when you're out and about. Reusable ones are great too!
6. A silicone breast pump - a Haakaa or similar pump is great to bolster milk supply and start a freezer stash. You attach it to the opposite breast while nursing and it catches your letdown with gentle suction. Using it once a day will help you store some milk for when you're away from baby.
7. The Kiinde feeding system was amazing with my son and is still living up to the hype with my daughter. This system allows you to pump, store, and feed all from the same bag!! It's so convenient and saves time washing bottles. They'll send you a free adapter kit from their website.
Breastfeeding is an amazing albeit labor intensive journey. Hopefully some of these product recommendations will make it even a smidge easier. Have any products you swear by? Drop me a comment below!